Saturday, August 18, 2012

Home


Home 
Looking all around me for inspiration, I see “my world” covered in color, textures, artifacts from my travels, books I’ve read and will read.  I feel stuck today for writing, I slept restless, ate too much too late, over stimulated from doing too much.  
It is time to go inward, to step back and have solitude.
Looking back at my personal cycles, seasonal shifts, my pattern has always been to return to my roots this exact time of year.  To return to the ocean, my place of birth, for renewal of spirit and soul in full knowing I will be replenished.  Southern California, Venice Beach, and Laguna Beach are my reprieve. As soon as I land, the smell of the ocean, the vibration of the cities rhythm soothes my soul.  I suddenly feel like I can breathe again.  My head becomes clear, my body becomes lighter, and my truest essence reappears from the heavy and oppressive heat and humidity of Florida summer.
Going back to your roots or your “special place” for renewal can be essential and almost critical for the creative, the artist, the healer.  One must “go back to the well” and nourish the soul to continue on the path.  Many writers speak of this “returning” or like the homing pigeon, the place of “home” simplifies and electrifies the being from a primordial level.  So if given the opportunity, go back, renew, shed your skin like the snake and begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment