Sunday, September 9, 2012

Be Open to the Mystery on Land or Air


“Be Open to the Mystery on Land or Air”
The travel to Spain from Tampa to Madrid was interesting, as it always is when you are open to the mystery.  One of my dearest girlfriends and I are taking our first overseas trip together.  We have been friends since teenagers and now have the money and cherished time to take this journey together. 
After boarding the plane and letting go of the anxiety and rush of leaving, packing, etc. we dropped into our first leg of travel.  The flight attendant started up a conversation with us by attacking my plum shirt by Splits 59, made of bamboo, super comfortable for travel.  She was like “I have to have that shirt, the color looks so good on me.  Where did you get it?  How can I get it?  What label is it?  Well can I just see the label?  No really I am just going to have you lean forward so I can take a look.”  She really had me lean forward and said, “we are all ladies here”.  I thought it was funny so we end up having a conversation later near the bathroom that ended up lasting quite a while.
There are no coincidences, as we all know.  And when you dive into the mystery, allow for listening and universal flow, life offers you magical moments of clarity.  As for this moment, her name was Jacqueline, a yoga teacher and flight attendant.  She has a daily practice especially on the days she flys.  Most important to her is meditation and mindfulness.  When she flys she is constantly practicing mindfulness, especially when surrounded by entitled people in a confined space (agh!).
We began the conversation because of the shirt and ended with exchange of business cards, hopes of staying in touch, and encouragement to continue our path with awareness.
If you are open to the mystery, the universe always supplies what is needed.  As for me, I was encourage to continue my hopes and goals, reaffirmed.  I cannot speak for my new friend, but can feel her gratitude for sharing Namaste (the light inside meets and honors the light inside you).
Stay tuned for the week ahead.  Sharing life with you on and off the mat.

1 comment: