Sunday, June 7, 2015

Do something!

I am only one; but still I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do. Helen Keller

Do you ever feel like you are trying to do everything and just getting nowhere?  Taking on way too many commitments, tasks, people pleasing, and drama has become a part of our norm.  In fact, just today in the studio and out at lunch, I had the opportunity to listen to my clients/peers and hear the chaos of their lives.  Mine is no different, just different characters and scenes.  I ended up falling over on my bed and passing out in pure exhaustion from my own “I have to do everything” drama. 
The result of this lifestyle is undoubtedly unhealthy to the body, the mind, and the spirit.  If I may speak broadly, we feel like “I’m not good enough, I could do better, etc.…instead of “I am making a difference for myself and others by doing well at what I love to do”.  The power of doing your “something” is your gift to this world.  How dare you not share this and think you are not special to me or to them.  As you can see on TV right now, how a few people are making a difference by helping, aiding, and defending when they can be acting small and refusing to do nothing.  This is courage and courage is power of mind, body, and spirit.

Start where you are, not where you think you want to be.  Look around at your surroundings in your home, office space/car, and body.  These are all "things" that are a part of your daily life, that are not going anywhere soon.  Your home is where you lay and recover.  Your office space is where you spend most of your day.  Your body and face are your best outfit.  What can you do today to make them better?

Do something for your body this week that is out of your comfort zone and keeps you keenly aware of body/mind connection.  Build smarts through movement!

You are a product of your environment.  So, renew your environment inside and out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment